Upgrade your Isuzu light truck with this Dana 44 solid axle swap kit featuring leaf springs, perches, bushings, hangers, bolts, brake lines, shock towers, and more, all designed to enhance your vehicle’s off-road performance; please note that advanced fabrication and mechanical knowledge are required to complete this project.
Based on using a 1974-1979 Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 front end.
THE KIT INCLUDES:
- 2 Leaf Springs (or select an optional spring choice above to customize kit – 4″ springs are great for spring under set up.)
- Spring Perches
- Leaf Spring Bushings
- 2 Short Shackles
- 2 Weld-on Shackle Hangers
- 4 Polyurethane Bushings for Hangers
- Weld-on Frame Hangers
- 4 9/16″ Grade 8 Bolts w/ Nyloc nuts
- 2 1/2″ Grade 8 Bolts w/ Nyloc nuts
- 2 Custom stainless braided brake lines for Isuzu Hardline – D44 caliper
- 2 Shock Towers
- 2 Front Shocks
- 4 Lower Shock Tabs
- 1 U-bolt kit for D44
- Custom SAS steering kit
- Bump stops
- All misc. hardware
Axle Swap Kit – Helpful Tips:
Intended for use with front Dana 44 axles – specifically the 1974-79 full size Jeep Cherokee, Wagoneer, & J-10 front axles. Widths vary from 60.5″ – 64.5″, so measure wheel mount surfaces when buying your donor axle.
THIS KIT ASSUMES AN ADVANCED LEVEL OF FABRICATION SKILL AND AN ADVANCED LEVEL OF MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE. IF THIS PROJECT IS BEYOND YOUR SKILL TAKE IT TO A PROFESSIONAL.
This kit is designed to very flexible and allows a variety of versions of the installation. Please note that additional parts will be needed to complete your project. This kit gets you well on your way.
A few basic points:
- Front hangers should be welded to the frame a minimum of 43.5″ from the shackle hanger to the fixed eye hanger
- You will need to move the centerline of the axle at least 4-6″ forward of the factory position for a 35″ tire, adjust accordingly
You will need to fabricate an addition to the front:
- Front springs can be set up shackles forward or “shackles reverse” (shackles at the rear of the spring)
- Kit can be set up spring under (original factory set up for axle) or spring over using supplied axle perches
- Differential side of housing will require grinding for u-bolt to fit and perch will need to be ground down to fit on diff housing and maintain same height as tube side
Springs can be run in either direction to achieve proper castor
- Center pin is offset
- Wagoneer Dana 44 castor should be around 6 degrees (with angle finder on flat top knuckle – arm should be tilted 6 degrees upwards)
- Leaves can be added to or subtracted from packs to change firmness
- A professional certified welder should perform all welding