The stock Isuzu pinion flange uses a round bolt pattern. The Original Pinion Yoke form the '93-'97 axle can be re-used with a standard D44 gear set. There are also a couple of different options to convert this to a different D44 yoke for custom applications:
- Retain the Isuzu factory pattern round yoke from the Dana 44 in Rodeo: 1993-1997
- You can also use a standard Dana 44 U-bolt or strap style yoke, available in multiple U-joint sizes (1310, 1330, 1350, etc.) (driveshaft modifications may apply)
The factory Isuzu axle will either have a 4.10 or 4.30 ratio (thick gear) on a 3.73 and down ratio carrier. You will need to have a matching 3.92+ carrier for the new thin gear. You cannot set up a standard thin gear on the factory carrier unless you swap to a 3.92+ carrier.
If you wish to re-use your factory open or Trac-Lok limited slip carrier you MUST order a THICK gear if available in your intended ratio change.
There are a couple of options for this:
- Use an open or LSD 3.92+ ratio carrier
- Use a 3.92+ full carrier Locker (ARB, Detroit, etc.)
- Use a THICK gear on the factory 3.73- carrier
for use with standard D44 ratios
Also Note: Isuzu uses a different pinion bearing that is exclusive to this housing.....this bearing is included in this kit.