AEV's ProCal Module is a hand-held powerhouse! This essential tool provides JK owners an easy, low-cost way to make a variety of useful changes not offered by the dealer or any other re-programmer. Topping the list is the ability to correct the speedometer and gear ratio when larger tires are installed. With the speedometer left uncorrected, there is a major degradation in the performance of the stability control (ESP), transmission shifting, and engine performance. The best part of the ProCal is that it isn’t just for correcting the speedometer. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System can now be recalibrated to better suit aftermarket tires without triggering the dash light. Further, the ProCal Module makes it possible to activate daytime running lamps, "one-touch" turn signals, enable a temporarily increased engine idle speed for winching, clear engine codes, and even has a feature to help align the vehicle perfectly for optimal ESP performance. The ProCal Module is equipped with a series of easy-to-use DIP switches. By reading the simple Quick Reference Guide included with the ProCal module, a user can quickly dial in a code for the desired recalibration. Once the DIP switches are set, simply plug the Module into the vehicle's OBDII. The whole process can be completed in mere minutes and it's just as easy to restore the vehicle back to its original settings with the ProCal.
ProCal Module Functions:
- Large tire recalibration (Restores the vehicle's speedometer/odometer accuracy following the installation of larger-than-stock tires)
- Axle gear ratio recalibration (Resets automatic transmission shift points to maximize the benefits of an axle gear ratio change)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System recalibration
Note: Lowering a vehicle's tire pressure below that specified by the vehicle/tire manufacturer may create unsafe handling characteristics. AEV assumes no responsibility for a vehicle's handling characteristics or the safety of the vehicle's occupants.
- Daytime running lamp activation/deactivation, and lamp location selection
- One-touch turn signal activation/deactivation
- Engine idle speed options (Improves winch performance and battery charging capabilities by temporarily increasing engine idle RPM)
- Steering wheel centering (Provides for spot-on steering alignment)
- Clears Engine Diagnostic Codes